W-ing167

Thursday, July 08, 2010

21st Birthday

Well, I have to write another entry, otherwise the video below will block my chatbox. Haha.

Soon, I will be 21. So what's the meaning of turning 21? It's a milestone in life, signifying the start of adulthood. So what's adulthood? Does it purely mean attaining maturity or reaching legal age? Some people have passed their 21st birthday, but they still behave like a kid.

'...young people who are not dependent upon parental support, have life styles that we associate with the notion of 'young adulthood'." (Nilsen, & Brannen, 2002)

If that's the meaning of adulthood, then I have been an adult for the past 3 years.

I think as we grow older, we are more reluctant to acknowledge the fact that we are older. True enough, it's just another day to others, and probably, to yourself.

Nevertheless, i still look forward to my bday!!! cos i can eat BIRTHDAY CAKES!!! Friends, please buy me nice nice cake. I don't want chocolate cake cos I had that for my 2nd birthday celebration already. I like Rive's cake!!!! heheheh...

For presents wise...hmmm...I'm not very sure too, but they must be practical (as in I can use/wear them...but as we grow up, these kinds of stuff become secondary, friends are more impt). But still, I asked my bro to buy me Sims 3 and Bird Nest cos we can play and eat together. heeeheee.

Arhh! I like nice letters and cards! can write stuff for me!! ^^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home