W-ing167

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Marriage

Today, I attended a friend's soleminisation. This made me pondered a bit on the topic "Marriage".

"for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, 'till death do us part."

Most of us focus on the preparation of wedding but how many of us are really prepared for marriage. It is a life long commitment that is not merely about signing that piece of paper, but to really support and accompany each other in wealth, in poor, in sickness and in health. It is always easy to say than to be done. How to love someone so much that you will go the extra mile for that person, care for that person and protect that person?

Looking back at my failed relationship. I do agree that both of us were not mature enough in the relationship. We were both selfish, only looked at things that we want/like and lacked of consideration. Bad experience had taught me well and I grew from it. Someone who love you, will find all ways and means to do something for you. Someone who does not love you, will only find excuses (This applies to myself too). 

The young me was really foolish. Tried my best to accommodate but someone just took it for granted and decided to let me go "for my own good". He really gave excuses whenever I needed him and even breaking up, he did not have the heart to chase me back. I just want to say, if it was really for my own good, you should have loved me, chased me back and protected me. But you didn't because you can't. 

This is not an emo post but more of "Well, this is life. We get shit sometimes." However, something that I'm actually sad about is that I won't be able to look at relationship like I used to. To be honest, I have lost great faith and trust in man. The next person who want to walk into my life, will have a hard time. Probably, if you can walk into my life, you will be the one. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home